Social Media Creator
Who we are:
Blue Wire is a sports podcasting network made up of journalists, former athletes and influential fans. We acquire and launch podcasts about one team or one specific topic for a better listener experience. Currently we have 40+ podcasts and growing with a combined 200 million monthly impressions on social media platforms. The company is privately held and headquartered in San Francisco.
Blue Wire is seeking a Social Media Creator to assist in creation, and analysis of social media and marketing communications. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
Candidates should be social media savvy and be passionate about sports and podcasting. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and have a ‘get it done’ attitude. We are a company that is changing the sports podcasting industry and are looking for enthusiastic self-starters who bring fun, innovative ideas to the table. Ideally, give 10-15 hours/week of their time. This opportunity has the potential to develop into a full-time position.
What You’ll Do:
- -Conceptualize new content and blog posts, as well as participate in audience engagement
- -Edit videos/images for our social media platforms
- -Writing/editing social media headlines
- -Develop social media campaigns to drive traffic growth and engagement
- -Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly social calendar
- -Reporting on social channel metrics
- -Update the website when needed
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have:
- -The freedom to operate creatively while adhering to brand guidelines
- -Familiarity with key social media platforms (e.g. Instagram and Twitter)
- -Proficiency with content management systems and tools
- -Excellent Communication Skills: you are not afraid to speak up and ask questions
- -An ability to work in a team with a positive attitude
- -Flexibility to quickly pivot and multitask
- -Not afraid to fail
- -An open mindset to learn and tackle new tasks as they arise
Preferably, you have:
- -A degree (or pursuing a degree) in Journalism, Graphic Design, Digital Media, Marketing, Communications, Business or another related field
- -Interest in sports and the podcasting industry
- -Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
Please send resume & writing samples and social media handles to Joel:
This is a remote position.