In under two years, Blue Wire has built a network of 90+ podcasts that span NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Premier League, MMA, wrestling, and fantasy sports. With every new podcast, we believe we’re on our way to disrupting traditional sports media on a local, regional and national scale.
As this grassroots network continues to grow, Blue Wire is beginning to create original documentary and narrative programming to tell stories that we are passionate about, in a voice of our generation.
We are looking for a creative, self-directed narrative producer to join our remote production studio. The narrative producer’s projects could range from profiling athletes, to spending a year embedded with a professional sports franchise, to working hand in hand with any one of our network’s podcasters to produce a one-off narrative series. The possibilities are endless. And you’ll have access to all of our network’s resources including the opportunity to collaborate with athletes, sports franchises, or our network podcasters.
- Produce series from start to finish, including research, booking, interviewing, coordinating recordings in the field and/or at remote studios, cutting tape, mixing audio, story editing, and everything else production requires.
- Serve as point person on assigned series.
- Manage an editorial calendar for the series.
- Lead editorial meetings, pitch and develop ideas for future series.
- Coordinate series production across a network of remote producers, editors, and talent.
- 2+ years of radio, TV, or podcast production.
- Fluency in audio editing.
- Experience scripting or editing compelling, character-driven stories.
- Ability to work autonomously on a tight deadline.
- Ability to balance multiple episodes in production at the same time.
- Understanding of journalism and journalistic ethics.
- Experience in a very fast-paced creative environment.
- Creative team player who takes direction well, and can easily adapt to new, changing workflows.
- Experience using social media to drive audiences.
- A passion for podcasts and sports.
- A resume
- A work sample that you’re proud of. Please include an explanation of what role you played in the production process and why you chose this sample.
This is a contract, remote position, with the possibility of full-time employment or extension after successful completion of assigned series. If you have questions, email us with “Blue Wire Producer” in the subject. Please direct any questions or submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Wire is currently a fully-remote studio, if you’re confident that you can coordinate and execute production of a narrative podcast from far outside a physical studio, we want to work with you. If you don’t know sports, but know how to tell a story, we also want to work with you. Having a sports interest is not a requirement. However, a passion, understanding or willingness of growing a narrative podcast network in a start-up environment, is.